Podcast revolution! This format has completely changed audio storytelling!
But, what is a podcast?
According to Oxford English Dictionary:
A digital audio file of speech, music, broadcast material, made available on the internet for downloading to a computer or portable media player; a series of such files, new instalments of which can be received by subscribers automatically.
If you remember, some weeks ago we focused our attention on the new Facebook Podcasts. Page owners are able to add their podcasts to Facebook without leaving the platform.
Why are podcasts so popular?
This week we’ll focus our attention on podcasts in general.
As you know, publishers are amplifying their podcast libraries (we talked about it some months ago but you can have a look to this article here)
What’s the reason? Are they truly important for Publishers? Why?
- Podcasts can become a key content distribution channel.
- They can help you connect with new audiences (for example, young people), amplifying your reach.
- Podcasts can strengthen the relationship with your audience and improve your editorial reputation.
- A podcast can give you additional benefits for a very small cost.
- Publishers can publish their live events or their direct communication with audiences.
- It is an intimate medium that helps publishers build audience loyalty.
- Podcasts can provide new monetization opportunities, through subscriptions, sponsorships and advertising.
Podcast tools for Publishers:
Are you searching for some Podcasts tools? We have selected 4 amazing ones!
Let us know if you like them, or if you use some new different tools.
A multitrack audio editor designed for podcasters, audio producers and radio journalists.
Free, open source, cross-platform audio software.
A comprehensive toolset that includes multitrack, waveform, and spectral display for creating, mixing, editing, and restoring audio content.
A broadcast and podcast audio recordings: record with anyone, anywhere, from any mobile device.
What are the pros of having a podcast?
They can be beneficial for publishers and their strategy. The main reasons are that podcasts help reach a new audience and strengthen the relationship with them, it has a low cost and provides more intimacy and monetization opportunities.
What are the best podcast tools?
Publishers can use different tools to create podcasts on their own. The most popular are Audacity, Hindenburg Journalist, Adobe Audition and Ringr.